Our Career Workshop Series focuses on finding our clients’ talents and building their skills to obtain and retain jobs. It includes:
- Volunteers that are empathetic to the clients’ personal challenges
- Coaches that are a part of the community and our program
- Leaders that have compassion and calling to help change lives
- Community organizations that host the workshops and sponsor the participants
- Events that build our clients’ confidence
Our Career Workshop Series is for women, by women!
The Career Workshop Series is held four times a year and it takes place over three (3) consecutive Saturdays. Workshops are offered online via Zoom. We have a comprehensive curriculum, knowledgeable instructors, and experienced coaches that help our clients to:
- Build job search skills
- Focus on their strengths
- Improve resume
- Update LinkedIn profile
- Create networking plan
- Practice interviewing
- Work with job coaches
- Connect with GSO partners
Our program includes one-on-one coaching, seasonal events and volunteer opportunities.
- Following the workshops, the graduates may sign up for one-on-one career coaching with an experienced peer who has built her own career. She understands the challenges, can offer solutions and help participants stay motivated.
- Graduates and coaches are encouraged to attend seasonal events to stay connected to the supportive environment. The topics vary, but are all job, personal joy, or life skill focused.
- Graduates are also encouraged to volunteer for Gals Starting Over or other community organizations to build leadership and job related skills and to build self-confidence and experience.
Fee for the workshop: $50 paid to GSO, or FREE through a partner or a GSO scholarship.