IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Starting as a Part-Time Position with possible additional future growth
Report to Marketing Coordinator and Founder.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Communications “Getting the Word Out”: 30%
- Maintenance of contact lists including participants, prospects, and community
- Dropbox and Mailchimp maintenance
- Sending mailings and email blasts
- Creation of monthly newsletter distributed via Mailchimp
- Posting of events on social media and local newspapers
Community Coordinator Activities: 40%
- Development and maintenance of resource base for GSO participants – jobs, programs, scholarships, etc.
- Development of partnerships with local organizations and business for referrals to and from
- Assistance with Workshop preparations & Annual Fundraiser
- Streamlining and management of thank you process
Digital Content Creation/Social Media: 30%
- Content research and loading for daily publishing to Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Blog content creation and posting
- Gathering and editing stories from volunteers, participants and sponsors
- Passionate advocate of Community Service
- Organized with attention to detail
- Must work independently and be accountable to their time
- Creative with strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent grammar
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (FB, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong digital skills including texting, and email
- Experience using Photoshop a plus.
- Experience using Dropbox, Mailchimp, Constant Contact and/or WordPress a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND WORK EXPECTATIONS:
- 80% remote/20% Long Beach or Redondo Beach Workshop locations
- 10 hours per week with option for future growth as needed
- Position salary commensurate with skills ($13 – 16 per hour)
Email your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-710-5228